FreeBMD is exactly that - FREE. We do not make any charge whatsoever for
use of the site.
FreeBMD is a registered charity, and our sole purpose is to provide free access to family history. We have been working with volunteers across the world to transcribe databases of births, marriages and deaths, historical records from parish churches and previous censuses. We believe that you shouldn't have to pay to get access to your family history and providing free access is the best way to preserve this rich source of information for future generations. Donations also help to support our other projects FreeREG and FreeCEN. We hope to keep adding to the different projects and we need your help to do it.
So far our volunteers have transcribed:-
This is one of the largest public transcription projects in the world and as a consequence does have high costs to keep it going. Everyday people who use the FreeBMD sites make over 200,000 successful searches. We use donations to keep our servers running, to support volunteers and
identify new areas of family history that we can provide you with
access to. We need donations in order to make sure that we can satisfy the amazing amount of interest in family history and, most importantly, keep it free for you to access.
- 297 million births, marriages and deaths
- Census information between 1841 and 1891
- 26 million records from parish registers
Please help us to keep history free.
Making a donation to the projects
If you would like to make a donation to the projects there are three ways of
Use Gift Aid to boost your donation by 25p for every £1 you donate. If you
are a UK taxpayer, we can claim back the tax you have paid on your donation from
HMRC - at no extra cost to you. Gift Aid is reclaimed from the HMRC by the charity
from the tax you pay for the current year. If you pay tax above the basic rate you
can also claim back the marginal rate of tax paid through your tax return.
- You can pay with any Debit or Credit card and you do not need a PayPal
account. Optionally you can Gift Aid your subscription (UK residents only).
- Bank Transfer (UK only)
- You can transfer money directly to our bank account (Gift Aid not possible).
- By cheque (UK bank cheques only)
- You can send us the money by a cheque drawn on a UK bank (Gift Aid not possible).
Donate with Gift Aid
By clicking on the above button I confirm that:
- I want to Gift Aid my donation, and any donations I make in the future or have made in the past 4 years, to Free UK Genealogy
- I am a UK taxpayer and understand that if I pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all my donations in that tax year it is my responsibility to pay any difference.
Donate without Gift Aid
|Electronic Transfer (UK only)||By post|
|Funds can be transfered direct to Free UK Genealogy's bank account using internet banking.
Sort Code: 40-52-40
Account Number: 00025629
Account Name: Free UK Genealogy
|Cheques made payable to Free UK Genealogy can be sent to;
If you have any enquiries about making donations to FreeBMD, or need any help, please contact us
Please notify us at email@example.com if you have made a Gift Aid
declaration and you
- wish to cancel this declaration
- change your name or home address,
- no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.
FreeBMD Main Page
|Search engine, layout and database
Copyright © 1998-2021 Free UK Genealogy CIO, a charity registered in England and Wales, Number 1167484.
We make no warranty whatsoever as to the accuracy or
completeness of the FreeBMD data.
Use of the FreeBMD website is conditional upon acceptance of the Terms and Conditions